Saturday, May 19, 2007

iona


I’m feeling quite pleased with myself! You know what it’s like when there are various “jobs” hanging over you…. Well, over the past couple of days, I’ve booked tickets for the Bromyard Folk Festival in September (ie. music, beer+camping weekend with my lovely brother Alan); booked flights+coaches for my trip to Iona in August; and booked the car in for its annual service. All I need to do now is to re-erect the kitchen shelves; transfer all the furniture+equipment from the dining room back down to the basement; and buy photographic paper+cartridges so I can mount some more photographs (ordered after last week’s Arts Trail). Maybe I’ll also find time to watch the Cup Final?
Photo: Iona shoreline
PS: Great friend Ian has written a beautiful (+moving) piece in his blog about his Dad, who’s suffering from a form of dementia. It includes a wonderful poem from RS Thomas.

No comments: