Monday, November 05, 2007

growing hope


I really love the Iona Community’s “Growing Hope” book of daily readings. Two recent readings relating to our individual/communal spiritual journeys struck a chord with me:

“And what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?”. (Old Testament Book of Micah 6:8)
Journey Blessing:
“May our journey ahead be blessed with God’s laughter, silences, risks, challenges, healings, questions, promises, protests, answers, tears, solidarity, often uncomfortable peace and compassion-filled surprises – perhaps all in one day”.
(Peter Millar)

1 comment:

just Gai said...

I've loved your quotes from this book. I might even invest in my own copy and make a new year's resolution to read it every morning.

There now, you've been my inspiration this time!