Monday, July 16, 2007

where in the world?


Perhaps it’s just the thought of breaking up for summer, but I had one of those conversations recently when a friend asked where in the world I would like to visit (money no object!). Somewhat pathetically, my answer was “Upper Saltings in St Ives”. I know there are much more exotic places but, in all honesty, I would gladly settle for this. It’s the top floor of a converted sail loft; it sleeps 10-12 people; it’s just stunningly beautiful and it overlooks Porthmeor Beach and the ocean…. turquoise sea+white sand. The photograph is taken from within the main living/dining space at Upper Saltings – Felix is cooking supper; Ruth is preparing the dining table; Stu is painting; and Hannah+Moira are just chilling in the wonderful huge bay window seat.
It’s an absolutely magical place (but don’t visit St Ives in high summer!).

No comments: