Saturday, October 20, 2007

… and the bride wore white


It’s going to be a long and difficult day.
The England Rugby team has reached the World Cup Final against all the odds and we’re all holding our breath that it doesn’t end in an awful anti-climax (perhaps another 0-36 or worse?!). Great friend Ian thinks we ought to be singing for England (the players’ theme tune: “The Gambler” by Kenny Rogers)!
Moira+I will be attending Mike+Sarah’s wedding reception this evening – which gives little scope for me being able to wear my lucky blue Cotton Traders shirt(!) – so I’m just hoping that a TV will be available!
Someone who definitely will be seeing the game is my lovely mate Steve Eyre. Yesterday, I sent him a text confirming golfing arrangements for next Tuesday; within seconds came the following reply:
“In Paris 4 le rugby. Allez les blancs!”.

No comments: