Monday, November 28, 2022

advent conspiracy 2

This is the second of the daily Advent collaboration with some blogging friends, in which we will be sharing a post each day over our different platforms
Today's reflection is from me!

Advent is particularly associated with waiting… but for me, this year, Advent will be a little different from the Advents of the past. My own ‘faith journey’ has stalled – so much so that I’ve decided to take an indefinite sabbatical from attending church services while I endeavour to wait for this period to pass.In some ways, agreeing to be a part of a ‘multi-blog collaboration’ seems both inappropriate a little scary.

I am an early riser. I’m usually up by 5am.
At various times in my life, I might have used this time for prayer and/or reading daily reflections/Bible passages.
I no longer do such things.
I can no longer be bothered.
And yet, since moving house, I now frequently find myself in my ‘Thinking Seat’ staring out of the window at the dawn of a new day.
It’s something of a magical time.
Could it be the start of my journey to rediscover my faith?
“Caught by the light of some small heaven” (as my good friend Ian has described it) perhaps?

Note: contributors will include:
Chris Goan: good friend, poet, writer, thinker, cricketer, maker etc. This is his rather wonderful blog: https://thisfragiletent.com/
Graham Peacock: pantomime dame, chaplain, former methodist minister, terrible cricketer, who has this eclectic, thoughtful blog: http://wearilyhopeful.co.uk/
Bob Fraser: we will also be having some contributions by the fantastic singer/songwriter Bob Fraser.
And me: (I won’t be trying to compete with eloquence of the others – my contributions will tend to be visual, with just a few accompanying words).

No comments: