Sunday, August 10, 2008

tracking frank


As you might realise if you’ve read some of my previous blogs, I've been trying to find out a little more about my grandfather Frank Walker's First World War experiences (I've only got up to May 1916 thus far because his unit was disbanded and he was re-allocated to another section - I'm still trying to track down details)!
For what it's worth, I've put together a blog:
http://frankwalkerww1.blogspot.com called "Tracking Frank (through the Great War)".
The blog includes War Diaries from his unit (and give his locations etc throughout the war... well, at least up until May 1916 thus far!).... I've also produced a google map "tracking" Frank's movements for each individual war year.
The blog is far from finished (and there are various glitches in the system at the moment which prevent me from getting some of the correct fonts and font sizes) but it’s proved to be a fascinating exercise.

No comments: