Sunday, November 19, 2006

hugging


The other day a colleague at school remarked that “we definitely didn’t do that in my day” referring to a group of pupils who were all hugging each other enthusiastically. I made some comment about the fact that I definitely hugged far more people these days than I used to (and even kissed some of my very good male friends!). I think he was quite shocked. The following day I heard on the radio that the Head Teacher of a Cornish Community College had banned hugging at his school because it “was making youngsters late for lessons and, in some cases, leading to ‘inappropriate’ embraces”!

Yesterday, I came across a lovely “YouTube” video on the excellent Peace Church blog entitled “Free Hugs”
. You really need to see it! (http://www.peacechurch.org.uk/blog/joe/060928).

No comments: