Monday, December 26, 2011

papa’s got a brand new bag


My old leather shoulder bag has been one of my fondest possessions. Ruth+Stu brought it back from India for me as a gift in 1999. It’s served me really well over the years but, latterly, has been well and truly feeling its age. It was given a brief reprieve/new lease of life about 18 months ago when some of the unraveling stitching was made good but, sadly, I’d come to realise that its days were numbered (in terms of regular usage).
Well, I’m now the proud owner of a shiny, new, blue shoulder bag (thanks to Moira, Ruth, Hannah, Alice et al) which will now become the “accessory of choice” on my daily jaunts… it’s even got my initials on it! Fancy or what?
Photo: old and new.

1 comment:

just Gai said...

Very smart indeed Steve. But what are you going to do with the old one? You're surely not going to consign it to landfill?