Sunday, August 14, 2011

the worst salesman in the world… just got a little bit better


Thanks to the encouragement of my wonderful family (and good friend Emma!), my voice coach, my shopping psychologist and pure luck, my second attempt at the Harbourside Market went much better yesterday. Other “virgin” stallholders were even asking ME questions, so suddenly I felt like an old hand! It could also have something to do with the fact that the stallholder two stalls away had a dog that spent the entire day barking at customers (I was very patient and didn’t once tell her to get her dog “seen to”!) – with the result that potential shoppers were seeking solace at the number40 stall.
I realise just how unpredictable it all is, but yesterday was a definite improvement on the previous week AND the Harbourside café gave me a special rate for my coffee because they recognised me as a stallholder!
Of course, next week will probably be back to square one….
Photo: I think I also managed to get a better pitch (on the harbour side).

1 comment:

Sara Stanley said...

Glad to hear it! Looks good x