Thursday, October 27, 2011

chris wood at colston hall


Moira+I spent a weekend with lovely friends Bruce+Sara in May. I was looking through their CD collection (as you do!) and Sara suggested that I play an album by Chris Wood. Frankly, I’d never heard of him before, but followed her advice and was hugely impressed (so much so that I later bought the CD – “The Lark Descending”).
One of my “retirement resolutions” was to attend some more concerts and so, when I discovered (a few weeks ago) that CW was coming to the Colston Hall in Bristol, I booked a couple of tickets. Ruth+I duly went along to the concert last Friday and it proved to be a brilliant evening. Just Chris Wood and his guitar. He performed some stunningly beautiful songs for nearly 90 minutes and entertained everyone with his straightforward, gentle chat and humour. I’ve since purchased his “Handmade Life” CD – which is excellent and I thoroughly recommend it.
Nothing beats live performance (and thanks Bruce+Sara)!

No comments: